Sunday, July 27, 2008

Barack Obama - Is This Who We Want Running Our Country?

The quotes below are written by Barrack Obama. This may be old news to you, but it should not be ignored. Regardless of what race you were born into, this type of attitude will divide our country even further, and perpetuate racial issues, not help. Racial prejudice is a mindset that cannot be overcome by a leader of that mindset.

The quotes below are indicative of a man who harbors bigotry and racism from a very early age.

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.' (Obama's mother was Caucasian. That he would associate one parent or the other by their race alone is disturbing.)

From Dreams of My Father: 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.' (The racial identification of these great men are irrelevant in comparison of what these men stood for. That Obama can only see what color they were is proof of Obama's "fixation" on how color defines a man.)

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.' (This one quote alone is enough to tell me that Patriotism means very little to Obama, and I doubt very much this has changed.)

One could argue that Obama wrote these words years ago, but may have changed his views. I think not. As a well read and educated individual, he wrote this at an age when his views of life had already been formed, just not when he could recognize he might be judged by them at some point forward.

The heart of a man who would become President should not be of any color or race. It should be that of a human being who is 'color blind'. If anyone thinks a man of this attitude and stature will champion your cause based on race or color, you deserve whatever perceived prejudice comes your way, for you invite it with full clarity.

God, by all forms, and by all names, does not identify man by color. That Obama does is very frightening. I will not endorse a man who identifies anyone by the color of their skin, no matter when he wrote it. I would feel the same about any candidate who did so about creed, religion, or gender. Do you? Will you?

No comments: